Robotic cashiers are already being used by catering leaders, and they proved to be very cost-efficient.
- Cut POS costs by replacing the cashier with a robotic cashier.
- eliminate queues and increase cafeteria throughput during peak hours (12.00-15.00)
- segmentation of cafeteria visitors, which includes segregating a stream of visitors who only buy set meals, and training a neural network to identify over 3 000 food items
- The robotic cashier was put into service to handle business lunch purchases in order to reduce congestion during the busiest lunch hours (implementation period: 1.5 months).
- A second robotic cashier was put into service in March 2021 to handle the whole menu (implementation period: 2 months).
- In August 2020, one cashier position was cut, queues were eliminated, and customer service time was shortened from 3-4 minutes to a few seconds.
- customer surveys showed increased satisfaction from purchasing meals via the robotic cashier
- The robotic cashier saved the Customer 171 000 roubles over seven months from August 2020 to February 2021; cost savings from March 2021 to April 2023 (27 months) are expected to amount to 1.39 million roubles.
Self-service kiosks are already installed at top catering facilities
- Automate taking orders for chef’s dishes, which are prepared locally (wok, shawarma, etc.)
- Custom software for the self-service kiosk was developed; a list of the necessary equipment was drawn up, and the equipment was purchased and installed.
- A self-service kiosk was put into operation in November 2020 (implementation time: three weeks)
- after the self-service kiosk was set up, the number of chef’s dishes purchased grew by 30% (70 to 100 dishes per day)
- customer surveys showed increased satisfaction from purchasing meals via the self-service kiosk due to the convenience of the order creation and payment process
- Earnings from November 2020 to March 2021 exceeded the earnings before the self-service kiosk was put into service by 630 000 roubles. Total earnings from April 2021 to April 2022 (12 months) are set to exceed the baseline value by 1.5 M roubles.